Wednesday 26 April 2017

Shoot Six - Work Record

For this shoot, I hope to continue with capturing more industrial everyday objects, such as tools, in a macro photography style. I have decided to move to a similar location from my shed, opting to shoot in my Father's garage, as it had similar objects but offered a larger amount as well as a larger range of objects to capture.







 

 I shot this image at 1/10, with an aperture of f5.6 and an ISO of 400. Since the lighting was dim in my shoot location, I needed a long shutter speed in order to expose the image correctly, and due to not having a tripod, I leant my camera on the back of our car to steady my shot. This image was underexposed, therefore I greatly increased the brightness in editing, as well as increasing the contrast in order to widen the image's tonal range. The image had a slight blue cast to it, which I fixed by opening the hue/saturation adjustment and slightly moving the hue towards green. The image still had some blue tones, which I felt in, as I felt they created a very cold and cynical atmosphere, which I felt linked well to the presence of lots of mechanical objects. There is a clear leading line in this image, shown through the edge of the motorbike's seat, which leads the viewer towards the shock absorber, which is the focus point of the image.






 

 Shot on 1/60, with an aperture of f5.6 and an ISO of 400. This image has a very sharp focus on the brake pedal of the motorbike, with all of that being in focus and the background being completely out of focus. This removes a lot of distraction from the main part of the image, and allows viewers to properly observe the brake pedal. Texture has been effectively used in the composition of this image; the pedal mostly consists of rough and bumpy textures, suggesting that it has been heavily used, as compared to the metal rod that connects the pedal to the bike, which has maintained a mostly shiny and smooth texture. Overall, this creates a narrative, in that the pedal has constantly had a foot on it, whereas the metal rod clearly hasn't. There is a clear blue cast in the light over the pedal on this image, which helps create a cynical and mechanical atmosphere, which links well to the subject of the image.

For next shoot, which will be my final preparatory shoot, I want to make a final expanse on my shoots surrounding the household. It shall be documentary focused, and I hope to try and find the balance between close-ups with very little background shown and large amounts of background being shown to create a narrative driven scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interim Evaluation

I researched a number of still life photographers throughout my research logs and image bank, which I feel have greatly influence my shoots....