Tuesday 25 April 2017

Shoot Five - Work Record

For this shoot, I plan to move to a different home location that has been more heavily used, as well as having been used in a way in which things get worn out and show more rough and gritty textures. I have decided to shoot in my shed, as there is a large workbench in there on which there are various tools and industrial objects. I hope to still create macro style images, however I would like to incorporate flash in order to create more vibrant and clearly defined colours.


 

 This was taken at 1/50, with an aperture of f5.6 and ISO of 200. Because my shed was a dark setting, I decided to turn on my camera's flash to properly light this image. There is a very narrow depth of field, in which a small section of the wire present in the image is in focus; there are several wires of red and black shown in the image, which present curved lines. These curved lines could represent comfort and familiarity, as this is often the workplace of my father, who is used to how the workbench is laid out and where everything is positioned. The colours are saturated throughtout the image, portraying that there is some joy that is attained from this room, as it has been the housing for many projects. This is contrasted by the use of texture; the majority portrays dirty and grungy textures, which could represent overuse and poor management.



 Like the previous image, this was taken with a shutterspeed of 1/50, with an aperture f5.6 and ISO200. I chose the focus point carefully, opting to focus on the tops of the screws that reach the tops of the pot the screws are in, as this gives the image a drop-focus aesthetic. I edited this image to saturated the colours, as I wanted to create a positive outlook on mechanical work, portraying it as fun and creative. The use of green in the box could create the connotation that constructing useful objects keeps your mind active, as green is a colour that represents activity. Texture is also significantly present in this image, with a range of textures being shown; some of the screws show some smooth and shiny textures being present on some of the screws, representing the creation of brand new objects in which they involved , which is then contrasted by the scratched and worn textures shown on the top of the box, representing the wear and tear that involves with making things.

For my next shoot, I hope to continue with the theme of capturing more industrial everyday objects, however, I would hope to expand on it by creating more wide angle images that create a larger scene of work than just focusing on a single object.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interim Evaluation

I researched a number of still life photographers throughout my research logs and image bank, which I feel have greatly influence my shoots....