Tuesday 21 March 2017

Image Bank



































This is a macro photography style image; it captures some eggs in a close up nature, making them appear larger than life size. I chose this image as I felt that I could use a similar macro style throughout my project, and it creates ideas of how you can document everyday life through photographing food.


This has been taken using a very narrow depth of field, meaning the watch is in focus but the background isn't. The setting of rocks creates a strong sense of depth, as you can see which parts of the rock formation are in focus. This is relevant to me as it displays the use of photographing everyday objects within a non everyday environment, which is something I'd like to experiment with.









This creates a clear sense of narrative; it displays that the photographer has lit each match one by one, letting the match burn more each time, then lining them up in order of least to most burnt. This could create connotations of everyday life getting harder and harder, with the amount of the match unburnt representing the person's will to go through everyday activities. This is relevant to me as it demonstrates the use of several of the same object to create narrative.


























I felt that this image showed a great deal of closeup detail, particularly in the formal element of texture. There are some very rough and weathered textures shown throughout this image, particularly on the ends of the screws. This creates a sense of uncertainty, which contrasts to the presence of the screw, as it should represent security and utility.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Interim Evaluation

I researched a number of still life photographers throughout my research logs and image bank, which I feel have greatly influence my shoots....